Optimal Health Chiropractic- Injury Rehabilitation and Chronic Pain Relief with Functional Movement Taping
Dr. Derek Vaughn is a certified RockTape Doc at a FMT Level 2 certification! FMT Level 2 certification is the most advanced training offered for FMT techniques.
Functional Movement Taping (FMT)
What is FMT?
FMT is a new technique that focuses on the body’s integration of movement by multiple muscle contractions. This technique connects the brain to the body’s intentional movement to enhance rehabilitation of muscles. The FMT movement technique utilizes longitudinal anatomy or muscle movement patterns to help all muscles work together like a chain reaction.
Who can FMT help?
Movement is key to all healing regardless of condition or injury. FMT is a beneficial technique for pregnant patients to patients suffering from a car accident. FMT presents a new way of thinking and treating patients with acute and chronic conditions. This technique can be integrated with multiple treatments to deliver the best possible patient outcomes. The FMT technique is accomplished by using RockTape.
What is RockTape?
RockTape is a special kind of tape known as kinesiology tape. First used by acupuncturists and chiropractors in Japan, today kinesiology tape is used by practitioners throughout the world to treat injuries and improve sports performance.
RockTape is manufactured weaving a natural-hybrid fabric so it stretches in one direction and not the other. This creates a bio-mechanical lifting mechanism that lifts the skin away from the soft tissue underneath, which allows more blood to move into an injured area to accelerate healing and recovery. Fabric consists of cotton, nylon and uses no drugs. Adhesive is a hypo-allergenic acrylic based adhesive and contains no latex.
Just a few Conditions that RockTape is used for!
• Achilles tendonitis
• Plantar fasciitis
• Jumpers knee (PFS)
• ACL/MCL issues
• Rotator cuff
• Groin and hamstring pulls
• Lower back issues
• Shin splints
• Tennis and golf elbow
• Pain associated with pregnancy
• Postural correction
Certified RockTape Doc!
Dr. Derek Vaughn is a certified Rock Tape Doc at a FMT Level 2 certification! FMT Level 2 certification is the most advanced training offered for FMT techniques. Dr. Vaughn received training and certification through RockTape training professionals.
RockTape training educates providers on:
- The concept of a longitudinal muscle chain approach to the elastic therapeutic taping (Fascial Movement Taping)
- Physiological effects of kinesiology taping
- Master functional taping and understand its role and use for the applications of rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility and posture improvement. Corrective exercise strategies for movement mobility and stability dysfunctions will be integrated with taping protocols.
- Myofascial sequencing model of “taping movements, not muscles.”
- Movement assessment techniques to identify faulty motor patterns
- Master functional taping applications for Performance Chains (including applications for special populations)
- Integrate assessment of sport-specific movement patterns and the use of taping to improve sports performance (Power Taping)
Learn more about RockTape by watching this video and visit their website at, http://rocktape.com/