Dr. Derek Vaughn of Optimal Health Chiropractic is Colorado's Auto Accident Chiropractor!
Auto Accident Injury Treatment:
The impact of an auto accident will often damage multiple tissues and structures associated with the spine. Muscular and ligament damage may create an uneven pull on the spine and result in pain. If not appropriately treated, a cascade of neurological issues may occur years following the initial injury. Auto Accident injuries symptoms may not appear concurrently after the accident, it is still important to be seen by a professional for evaluation. Auto accident injuries can cause life long pain and disability.
Dr. Vaughn's experience with auto injury patients, whiplash injuries, modern chiropractic techniques, and a multi-faceted treatment approach, can address auto injuries and reduce the risk of degeneration and disease processes.
Car Accident Treatment Techniques:
- Active Release Technique (ART)
- Sports Medicine
- Massage Therapy
- Functional Movement Taping (FMT)
Car Accidents Facts:
According to the US Library of Medicine National Institution of Health, crash tests indicate that a change of vehicle velocity of 4 km/hr (2.5 mph) may produce occupant injury. Studies indicate occupant soft tissue and joint injuries results from low-speed vehicle collisions.
Although vehicle damage may not occur until 14-15 km/hr (8.7 mph), the impact of the collision can still result in bodily injuries. Symptoms arising from injuries sustained in a car accident may not present immediately following the accident. Research indicated that injury symptoms occur within 24-72 hours or days after the initial impact of the accident. The delay of symptom onset does not eliminate the possibility of severe injury.
What to Expect During Car Accident Treatment:
- An extensive history and documentation of the car accident will be obtained. Concentration of the extent of the accident is important to treatment but also to the insurance case
- A thorough physical examination will be completed to identify injuries obtained and their extent. This will determine an appropriate treatment plan. An X-ray may be completed if necessary for injury evaluation. X-ray can be done in our office.
- History and physical exam finding will allow Dr. Vaughn to devise a specialized treatment plan that is specific to your injuries and needs.
- All initial and final treatments will result in formal discharge, extensive documentation and medical narratives. This will help strengthen your insurance case.
- Referrals can be initiated during your initial evaluation, if you are not responding to care or need co-managed. We have an extensive network of professionals that we work closely with for referrals.
Who Pays for Treatment:
- Med Pay (may be included in your auto insurance): Certain auto policies include on average $5000 to use for medical bills. It is to your advantage to use your Med Pay. Using your Med Pay will not affect your auto insurance premiums if used for an auto accident.
- No Med Pay-Lien Agreement (At Fault Party Auto Insurance): Colorado is a TORT state, the at fault party auto insurance will not pay a provider directly until settlement is reached. Settlements can be handled privately or with an attorney involved.
If you are involved in a car accident, make sure you schedule an appointment with Optimal Health Chiropractic, following the accident. Our specialized training, experience, and techniques will allow us to detect and treat all injuries associated to car accidents. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, please contact our office to set up a consultation. Remember the impacts of an accident may not be visible by looking at the car, but it can create many physical injuries that can affect you for the rest of your life if treatment is not obtained.